Gender Equality Law Center 1 year ago
Communications and Social Media Intern
US · Part Time
Now Hiring: Remote Communications and Social Media Internship
?? US Citizen
? Anywhere in the U.S.A.
? Applications close on July 1
The Gender Equality Law Center is seeking a communications intern with excellent writing and editing skills to grow our social media network and to help produce and curate compelling content relevant to our work and mission. Ideally, the intern will also possess basic skills related to media production, content management, and social media management and outreach.
The intern will report directly to GELC’s outreach and development team, and will have the opportunity to have his/her writing published on our website while learning firsthand about human rights law and timely cutting edge legal issues focused on issues of equality.
This is a remote position with a preference for someone based in NYC. There will be occasional in-person or video-conference meetings with GELC staff.
- Co-manage our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn).
- Grow our LinkedIn presence and connections and cultivate a network listing of events and potential partnership organizations in NYC related to the work we do.
- Draft original content for our newsletter, website, and social media.
- Conduct bi-weekly news research and round-ups on relevant legal issues, news events, and conversations happening in the non-profit space from which our social media approach will be informed.
- Manage a calendar of upcoming holidays or events for which we should develop social media campaigns.
- Experience managing and curating content for social media platforms, including: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
- Familiarity with Trello, TweekDeck, HootSuite, or other content management tools.
- Can handle multiple priorities in a time-sensitive manner.
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently with regular check-ins.
- Creative, takes initiative, and possesses excellent interpersonal-communication skills.
- An demonstrated interest in social justice, gender equality, and/or human rights.
This is a remote position with flexible hours. This is an excellent opportunity for content producers looking to build a portfolio and those interested in human rights law, gender equality, and arming marginalized communities (LGBTQ, gender non-conforming) with the tools they need to access justice. LGBTQ individuals and people of color are encouraged to apply.
We are happy to help facilitate the requirements for academic credit for any candidate looking to do so. There is a possibility that this could turn into a part-time paid position.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, a cover letter briefly detailing your interest in the position, and 1-3 samples of content that you would post to our social media channels to Alex McAdams at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “[Name] Communications/Social Intern Application 2020.”
Want to be notified about internships like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.