The Justice Arts Coalition 4 months ago
US · Part Time
Now Available: Remote Communications Internship
?? US Citizen
? Academic Credit
? Anywhere in the U.S.A.
? Applications close on July 31
? Start Date: September 1, 2020
? End Date: December 31, 2020
The Justice Arts Coalition (JAC), currently in its start-up phase of development, is seeking an Intern to assist in all areas of online communications, including website maintenance and development, email, and social media, as well as in organizing, advertising, and facilitating events.
This is an unpaid internship requiring a commitment of at least 20 hours/week through the fall semester. Responsibilities will be fulfilled remotely and will require the use of a personal computer with internet access.
The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to JAC’s mission, vision, and values, and should be organized, with strong attention to detail, possess excellent computer skills (including competency using WordPress) and be able to work independently and complete projects quickly without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and updating the Justice Arts Coalition website
- Maintaining and beautifying our online galleries, which feature work by system-impacted artists
- Messaging via the JAC social media accounts, email account, and website
- Responding to email inquiries that come through the website
- Responding to letters from artists in prison to provide them with information about JAC
- Assisting in organizing, promoting, and facilitating events such as exhibitions and convenings
- Developing and distributing monthly e-newsletters
- Assisting with fundraising campaigns
- Helping to facilitate JAC’s pARTner project
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Individuals who have been directly impacted by the criminal justice system are encouraged to apply.
Unfortunately, JAC is not yet in a position to be able to offer compensation for internships. However, we will gladly coordinate with academic institutions to ensure that interns can receive credit for their work with us. This internship is primarily performed remotely, although there will be regularly-scheduled meetings — either in person or by phone — with JAC’s Managing Director, and attendance at JAC events will be expected.
If interested, please send your resume/CV, cover letter, and two professional or academic references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to be notified about internships like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs