American Council of Learned Sciences 4 months ago
Communications and Marketing Intern
US · Part Time
Now Hiring: Remote Communications and Marketing Internship
?? US Citizen
? Anywhere in the U.S.A.
? Applications close on July 1
ACLS Mission and Overview
Formed a century ago, the American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) is a nonprofit federation of 75 scholarly organizations. As the leading representative of American scholarship in the humanities and related social sciences, ACLS holds a core belief that knowledge is a public good. As such, ACLS strives to promote the circulation of humanistic knowledge throughout society. In addition to stewarding and representing its member organizations, ACLS employs its $146 million endowment and $38 million annual operating budget to support scholarship in the humanities and social sciences and to advocate for its central role in the twenty-first century.
Overview of Department
This role reports to the Director of Communications as part of the newly established Communications team.
To align with its newly released strategic priorities, ACLS is undergoing a thorough evaluation of its external communication platforms. This includes a complete content audit of its website, www.acls.org, to better understand how content is organized and presented, its effectiveness, and site visitor behavior. The intern will expected to use the results gathered from this audit to prepare a report and recommendation plan for a site redesign and inform how other communications platforms (CRM, MailChimp, and others) integrate with the website and are utilized in future.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and working closely with program, fundraising, and leadership staff across the organization, this internship will focus on collecting, organizing, and providing basic analysis of ACLS website content and related data. In addition, this intern will produce a comprehensive report and recommendations related to that content.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the communications aspect of organizational strategy. Through completion of this project, the intern will gain knowledge and experience on the technical and strategic elements of internal and external organizational communication, as well as attain valuable skills in data analysis, interpretation, and presentation for lay audiences.
This is a paid internship. The role is intended as a remote position for 3 months, 20-25 hours per week.
- Cataloging all website URLs, published and unpublished, using the CMS content tree and third-party tools as needed;
- Organizing content by category;
- Creating a revised site map;
- Use Google Analytics and other tools to collect and assess content performance and audience behavior data including, but not limited to, traffic numbers and patters, bounce rates, time spent on site and individual pages, traffic sources, etc;
- Provide additional analysis on keyword strength and ranking for main keywords for search, number of backlinks, etc;
- Create and present a final report to ACLS leadership to include performance of top pages, updated site map, information about missing internal links, low performing content, and other flaws, and recommendations for improving site architecture and performance.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program or a recent graduate (1-2 years) in Communications, Information Technology, or a related field;
- Experience in website content management and strategy;
- Experience using Google Analytics and other third-party website performance tools;
- Strong project planning skills, highly organized, attention to detail, results oriented;
- Ability to distill technical data and concepts to lay audiences;
- Ability to multi-task, advance projects, and meet benchmarks on time;
- Creative thinker and problem solver;
- Ability to work collaboratively, as well as independently;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Adobe Graphics Suite;
- Familiarity with Kentico content management system a plus;
- Experience in UX strategy a plus;
- Interest or experience in issues and challenges facing the humanities and humanistic social sciences.
ACLS is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees and welcome applications from all individuals, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
Want to be notified about internships like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.