The Lovepost Collective Ltd 5 months ago
Anywhere · Part Time
Now Available: Remote Illustrator Internship
? Anywhere in the World
? Applications close on June 8
?The internship ends on November 6
The Lovepost is seeking a remote illustration intern to bring our platform’s stories and ideas to life. The selected candidate will collaborate directly with our editorial team to create illustrations to accompany published work on our website and social channels. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a strong interest in journalism and storytelling, is embarking upon a career as an illustrator, and is hoping to create a portfolio of strong and expressive work for the future.
- Creating between 2-4 visually appealing and imaginative illustrations per week.
- Creating illustrative content independently on a given topic or issue.
- Working with editors and writers across all website sections.
- Producing final published artwork on a fast-paced schedule.
Demonstrated experience in Adobe Creative Cloud.
The ideal candidate
- Is in the last two years of a design degree or has 1-2 years experience as an illustrator.
- Is proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop
- Is proficient in illustration and illustration components to produce a scalable brand style.
- Is able to deliver solutions to brief
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has a unique style that sets them apart
- Has the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and as part of a team
About The Lovepost
The Lovepost is an alternative, socially responsible platform, free from advertising and fear. We are dedicated to tackling social and environmental issues through a solution-focused lens. Our stories are produced by a diverse collective of change-makers from around the globe, who are fueled by a united goal: to create content that brings about positive change and makes planet Earth a better and more inclusive place for all its inhabitants.
The Lovepost was founded in 2018, in Auckland, New Zealand, in an effort to break away from the mainstream media’s market-driven approach to journalism and use of sensationalist tactics to increase profit margins. The justification given by many mainstream media outlets is that they are “giving readers what they want” i.e., sensationalism sells.
At The Lovepost, our approach is different. We believe in transmitting content that inspires, challenges, educates and pushes humanity in a more meaningful direction. We are reflective, not reactive; truthful, not manipulative; solution-focused, not problem-engrossed. We recognise that in the same way excess junk food isn’t good for our wellbeing, the consumption of sensationalist media can have a detrimental impact on our mental health, society and planet at large.
Our global collective of creators work tirelessly to provide fresh, wholesome mind-meals for conscious citizens who are ready to challenge their thinking and play their part in offering positive solutions to the troubles of the planet.
- This is a remote position – you can work from home anywhere in the world as long as you have internet access.
- This is an unpaid internship; however, a stipend to cover essential office costs will be provided.
- A letter of recommendation will be provided at the end of the internship period.
How to Apply
To apply, send us your CV and illustration portfolio.
Want to be notified about internships like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.