Tanganyika Wildlife Park 4 months ago
Anywhere · Part Time
Now Available: Multiple Remote Marketing Internships
? Work for a DCer
? Report to Founder
? Work from Anywhere
? Fluent in English and/or Spanish
?️ Applications close on the 5th of every month
? Work in a small team on growth projects
? Summer, Fall and Spring Internships available
Tanganyika Wildlife Park is changing the way zoos do marketing. By utilizing guerilla marketing tactics, aimed to be flexible, cost-efficient and community-engaging solutions, our team at Twpark.com pursues the mission to connect humans and wildlife in a meaningful way.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an intern to help us in the marketing area. If you have video creation skills, web development skills, unique insight into sales strategy, great. If you don’t have any marketing skills yet, but consider yourself a fast learner, disciplined, focused and curious, we want you. Motivation is what we hire, skills is what we will help you learn. We believe in small teams and strong relationships. For us, small teams mean less bureaucracy and more getting things done in a trusted environment.
- You are enthusiastic about marketing and would like to become part of a team that values flexibility, efficiency, and direct feedback.
- You have an eye for creativity, design, or storytelling.
- You are fluent in English and/or Spanish + have great communication skills and the ability to convey what makes our products unique in a fun and upbeat way.
- You believe in the power of marketing and want to help us accomplish our mission to change the way humans experience zoos.
- You are confident using email and Skype, plus basic software like Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Adobe Acrobat. Bonus points if you’re familiar with ad copy, inventory management, Mailchimp, and WordPress.
- You have superb organizational skills and reliability.
- You have attitude over experience: intellectual curiosity and proven interest in online marketing
- You have a demonstrated ability for creative problem solving and resourcefulness
- Your peers consider you to be both web and tech-savvy.
- You have a passion for business, awesome customer experience, product design and generally doing things the right way – we care a lot about our customers, our animals and the planet.
Does that sound like you? Then we can’t wait to get to know you better!
Tanganyika is a young, fast-growing company, so you’ll get to experience a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you’ll do:
- Working directly with the founder, be exposed to how the industry really works.
- Designing marketing strategy according to individual customer preferences, thereby contributing to our exclusive local but ever-engaging brand.
- Working on the efficiency of our marketing system and process and developing new strategies and techniques to optimize internal systems.
- Grow skills, mindset, and leadership by taking over responsibility from the first day onwards.
The Day to Day
You’ll be helping out with work spanning the whole organization. Some of the work will include:
- Marketing – Social media and potentially some ads creation
- Business development and sales – Outreaching for partnerships
- Administration – Website management and content organization (like videos and so)
- Content – Some content creation like blogs
- Most of the work will be related to building our customer acquisition or retention programs.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We’re not going to sugarcoat it. Here are some HARD parts of the job
- You’re expected to pick up and learn new software and tools that you’ve never used before. You will be provided training; however, you’re expected to pick them up quickly and become productive in a very short period of time.
- More often than not, you’ll be given a goal and a rough sketch of how to approach the problem. You WILL NOT be given step-by-step instructions on how to succeed. You’ll be required to do research, be resourceful, and come up with solutions on your own.
- Parts of the job will feel like a grind and require perseverance. For example, when pitching for SEO link building, it may take dozens of outreach emails to successfully land a link.
Compensation + Skills Acquired
- This is an unpaid marketing internship. It can lead to a part-time position, once we see great results and everyone gets along well.
- We teach sales, marketing, optimization, and automation skills. Your direct supervisor has started several online travel companies, so you will learn zero-to-hero skill sets in a matter of weeks, plus have your hands in real growth hacking strategies and tactics. If you like to learn while doing and do while learning, you will understand our team environment and contribute to our eco-system quickly. You’ll be part of a small, fully engaged team, where fun ideas are actively encouraged.
Sounds good? We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Want to be notified about internships like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.