The Lovepost Collective Ltd 2 months ago
Social Media Specialist Internship
Anywhere · Part Time
Now Available: Social Media Specialist – Remote Internship
? Anywhere in the World
? Applications close on June 8
? Start Date: June 15, 2020
? End Date: November 16, 2020
The Lovepost is seeking a part-time, remote social media specialist to help manage and grow our social channels.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working independently and enjoy engaging with like-minded communities across Facebook & Instagram. Applicants should have strong judgement of content that works for social media, familiarity leading social platforms, and strong communication skills. Experience posting to a publisher and/or a brand’s social media profiles is a plus.
The candidate should be available to work up to 2 hours per day in order to maintain content, manage engagement and grow The Lovepost’s Facebook and Instagram accounts.
This role is suitable for someone who is looking to gain experience in the publishing space and take ownership for the social media presence of a platform dedicated to creating positive impact.
This internship requires a minimum 4 month commitment.
– Building and implementing a social media strategy to help grow The Lovepost’s social channels.
– Creating and distributing engaging written or graphic content via social channels.
– Staying up-to-date with current and emerging technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
– Developing and expanding community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
– Creating and maintaining a social media calendar.
– Promoting content from The Lovepost’s website and repurposing content for social channels.
– Curating original content created exclusively for The Lovepost’s social platforms.
The ideal candidate has:
– 1-2 years experience working with social media or is in the last two years of a communications degree.
– Some experience using the Adobe Suite to bring content to life. If you don’t have this skill set but fit all the other requirements, we would be happy to put you through an online training course to add to your skill base.
– The ability to write snappy, smart social copy with impeccable judgment and an eye for sensitivity and inclusivity.
– The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
– The ability to identify topics that are reflective and thought-provoking.
– The ability to identify and work with influencers in the social good space.
– Exceptional communication skills.
– Basic knowledge of social analytics tools.
About The Lovepost
The Lovepost is an alternative, socially responsible platform, free from advertising and fear. We are dedicated to tackling social and environmental issues through a solution-focused lens. Our content is produced by a diverse collective of change-makers from around the globe, who are fueled by a united goal: to create content that brings about positive change and makes planet Earth a better and more inclusive place for all its inhabitants.
The Lovepost was founded in 2018, in Auckland, New Zealand, in an effort to break away from the mainstream media’s market-driven approach to journalism and use of sensationalist tactics to increase profit margins. The justification given by many mainstream media outlets is that they are “giving readers what they want” i.e., sensationalism sells.
At The Lovepost, our approach is different. We believe in transmitting content that inspires, challenges, educates and pushes humanity in a more meaningful direction. We are reflective, not reactive; truthful, not manipulative; solution-focused, not problem-engrossed. We recognise that in the same way excess junk food isn’t good for our wellbeing, the consumption of sensationalist media can have a detrimental impact on our mental health, society and planet at large.
Our global collective of creators work tirelessly to provide fresh, wholesome mind-meals for conscious citizens who are ready to challenge their thinking and play their part in offering positive solutions to the troubles of the planet.
This is a remote position – you can work from home anywhere in the world as long as you have internet access.
This is an unpaid internship; however, a stipend to cover essential office costs will be provided.
A letter of recommendation will be provided at the end of the internship period.
How to Apply
To apply, send us your CV and an email telling us why you believe you will be a great fit for this role. We’d also love to know about one social issue that is close to your heart and why you feel passionately about it.
Want to be notified about internships like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.