Cherish 11 months ago
UX/UI Summer Interns
Anywhere · Full Time, Part Time
Now Available: Remote UX/UI Summer Internships
⏲ Summer Internship
⏲ Part-time or Full-time
? Anywhere in the World
? Applications close on July 1
What we’re looking for:
Cherish is launching beta offerings this summer. We’re looking for a UI/UX Design intern to join us at this exciting time and help us create beautiful, functional products. The internship starts June 1 and will continue through the end of August 2020 (~20-40 hours/week). We’re building an intentional product that supports parents through the highs and lows of parenting and are looking for someone talented and passionate to help us bring the product to life!
What you can expect:
– You will be a core and influential part of our small, growing team. You will be integral to developing our first product iteration (mobile and web).
– You will partner with the founder and external vendors to conduct user research to inform our product decisions and brand
– You will be responsible for deliverables like wireframes and mockups for our mobile and web prototypes
– Analytical, passionate designer with an attention to detail
– Demonstrable UX/UI design skills with a strong portfolio
– Fluency with design software and technologies (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma)
– Strong communication skills and deep empathy for users
– Effective time management, self-directed problem solving skills, and high sense of urgency
– Deep understanding and interest in the Cherish brand and target audience (e.g., interest in parenting, mental health, education, and/or needs of Gen X/ older Millenial consumers)
This is an unpaid internship with the opportunity of continuing beyond the summer in a paid role. We’re happy to work with you to apply for any relevant fellowships to supplement your summer income.
We understand this is challenging for many students and we are offering a modest stipend for students with financial need (reach out if you think you qualify).
You will be connected with folks in the founder’s network across different industries for professional development (e.g., FANG big tech, start ups like airbnb and Uber, MBB consulting, venture capitalists, professors across major universities, etc)
You will have direct access to mentorship from the founder and an unprecedented look into a fast-growing startup launching in the midst of a tumultuous time in history!
How to Apply
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Submit your application to [email@example.com]; include:
– The role’s title in your subject line
– A short statement about why you’re interested in our product/mission (max 1 paragraph!)
– Your portfolio/examples of work
Want to be notified about internships like these and find the perfect remote position faster? Increase your chances of finding a remote job by joining our Remote Job Placement Program. It takes less than 3-minutes!
Don’t know if it’s for you? See some of the success stories of candidates we’ve helped find remote jobs.